POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : bluray and pixar : Re: bluray and pixar Server Time
11 Oct 2024 15:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bluray and pixar
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Nov 2007 04:15:21
Message: <474548a9$1@news.povray.org>
That's interesting. I was in some shop the other day, and they had a
huge LCD with "HD Ready" splashed all over it, and huge cardboard signs
saying "WOW! LOOK AT THE DIFFERENCE!" And I remember thinking "...I
can't see any difference."

I mean, let's face it, HD is only 4x the imagine resolution. If you
compare the two side by side you'd probably notice. But if you just look
at an HD TV, there really isn't much to notice. The picture is very
slightly more crisp, but that's about it.

more crisp picture. I could buy a *car* for that amount of money! Hell,
I could almost buy a copy of *Oracle* for that!